The Jerker : The Ultimate Geek Desk / Workbench

Written on December 21, 2009 – 5:10 pm | by bluehash |

Playspace

I spend alot of time in this space. The setup uses two Ikea Jerker desks – combined. I just swing between them depending on what I’m working on.

The Jerker is considered as the ultimate geek desk with a lot of flexibility allowing you to customize your setup. The two columns on the side have holes in them at regular intervals allowing you to mount more shelves or accessories. The setup was gradually built up over a year and a half. I spend time editing my pics[D40/18-55/50/55-200] / playing TF2 or working on an embedded project.

IKEA should get back the Jerker desk. Both the desks were got off Craigslist. Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

If you are interested in buying any of the items, there is a list below.Most of it is from Amazon:

Related Posts

7 Responses to “The Jerker : The Ultimate Geek Desk / Workbench”

1. Gizer20 says:

I love it, it’s amazing i have something similar but definitely i must reorder my work table and rebuild my desk computer.
    Great work.

2. bluehash says:

Thanks Gizer.

3. Elzlo says:

This might be of interest as well — I just came across it. Kind of a related idea. Ikea / GeekDesk (adjustable frame) conversion: http://rauschenbach.us/node/876

4. Alan Parekh says:

I have been thinking about getting one of those lighted magnifiers but haven’t since a loupe magnifier has worked good enough so far. How much use do you get out of it?

• bluehash says:

Hi Alan, It’s pretty descent. The lamp gives me around 3x magnification. Its not as good as a loupe’s 10x magnification but comes pretty handy when you need both hands free, one for holding the board and one for soldering. It serves as desk lamp too and swivels!

5. NatureTM says:

Oh, that is awesome! Let me know if you need a roommate! My workbench, if you could call it that, is disgusting.

Me

Welcome to my place on the web. I note down anything interesting most of them relating to my experiences, Tech, To-dos, How-tos and various hacks. Most of my time is spent in tinkering around with hardware, building robots and working with DSPs.More

Want to subscribe?